In early 2023, I made three predictions about Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) stock, and now it's time to check how I fared.
Firstly, I foresaw a rebound in Amazon's e-commerce sales. Looking at the three quarters of 2023, the numbers show a boost in online sales growth compared to the same periods last year. So, I consider that prediction a win.
Next up, my prediction about Amazon delving deeper into healthcare also played out. The company sealed the deal on a $3.9 billion acquisition of One Medical, introduced RxPass, a monthly prescription service, and rolled out Amazon One Medical for Prime, offering certain healthcare services to Prime subscribers for $9 per month.
Thirdly, I correctly anticipated that Amazon would maintain its lead in cloud computing. In the first three quarters of 2023, Amazon held about 30% of the market, on average, with Microsoft at 25% and Alphabet's Google Cloud at 9%.
As a bonus, I predicted a rebound in Amazon's stock from its historic lows. And indeed, after losing half its value in 2022, Amazon's stock soared by 81% in 2023, making it one of the top performers in big tech.
So, I scored on all three main predictions and even hit the bullseye in the bonus round. Now, looking ahead to 2024, here are three more predictions:
1. Amazon's Cloud Growth will Pick Up Speed Again: Despite Amazon holding its position at the top of the cloud game, its growth stumbled since the fourth quarter of 2021. I predict that the growth, after stabilizing, will rev up again in 2024, fueled by an improving economy.
2. Amazon's Artificial Intelligence (AI) is Ready to Shine: Tied to the cloud growth, I foresee Amazon's AI making a significant mark. Despite not being in the limelight during last year's stock market recovery, Amazon is gearing up. With the release of Amazon Q, a generative AI-powered digital assistant, and a range of AI models through Amazon Bedrock, Amazon is set to become a prominent player in generative AI.
3. Amazon Joins the $2 Trillion Club: Despite an 81% surge in 2023, the factors at play suggest more growth for Amazon. The company's strong presence in e-commerce, cloud computing, digital advertising, and the promising outlook for AI positions it for further financial success. I predict Amazon will surpass the $2 trillion market cap mark in 2024.
In considering an investment in Amazon, it's crucial to weigh these predictions alongside other factors. The Motley Fool Stock Advisor analysts, for instance, have identified what they believe are the 10 best stocks for investors right now, with Amazon not making the cut. It's always wise to carefully evaluate your investment decisions.
amd stock save stock amd paypal stock smci stock pypl stock tsm stock gamestop stock tsmc stock

good job
ReplyDelete[insert interest] requires a site visit.
ReplyDeleteMedical for Prime, offering certain healthcare services to Prime subscribers for $9 per month.
ReplyDelete